The first day of orientation...
was exciting, boring, intriguing, daunting...
It was cool to meet some more interntaional students. I got to meet up with two girls from USF here that I know through previous classes at USF. So it was good to see them. I also met a handful of other Americans...the first I've come across in a week. As weird as it is to say, it was comforting to meet some people from my country. I didn't think I would say that! Haha! But it's nice to be able to ask someone what city they live in and have a response..."oh, my cousin used to live there!" or "I go there all the time; I love it there!"
The campus of La Universidad Catolica de Cordoba (La UCC) is really pretty. There's a bigger one a little bit outside of the city which we will venture to later this week.
I don't know what classes I'm taking yet for sure; I want to take all of them!! The Argentine education system is really scary...every class has a final exam which you can take twice. You have to pass. If you don't, it will be like you never took the class. Not only that, the grade you get on that exam is your final grade. Ay dios mio! Thankfully, only 2 or 3 of the 5 classes I'll take will actually count towards USF credits. The others will just be for fun. But YIKES! that means I have to study and can't put everything off just to travel!
I also joined a gym down the street from the University and finally got a chance to work out today. I needed it!! It's been way to hot outside to run, unless I want to wake up at 7, so I have been missing exercise. The gym membership is so complicated...I can only go three times a week and can only use certain machines and take certain classes...I had to go through all this with the woman in Spanish, so I'm not even really sure if I signed up for the right thing. Oh well!
Es todo. Nos vemos!
-Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kate! Just i quick note to say hi! I'll read your adventures when i've got more time. Anyway, no doubt you're having a good time! At least the pics are great (can you send me some - of the ozzies and us?)
The rest of my days in BA have been great! Tonight i'll leave to Esquel. I'll keep you updated.. Enjoy!! xxx Fenneke
Post a Comment