23 February 2008

the last hurrah

Great weekend. Will miss ya'll.

On Thursday night, a few of my friends and I stayed at one bar for almost 4 hours, hogging the jukebox and dancing up a storm. It was so much fun. (Friends in pics: Cecily, Marcus, Andy).



On Friday night, we had over 60 people come to our improv show, my final one with the seniors (I WILL MISS YOU GUYS!!). The theme for the show was "Talk to the Hand: It's the 1990s!" We dressed in costume, and went nuts, as per usual. Flannel, ripped jeans, stretch pants, and backwards baseball caps were all fair game. I wore tights, sneakers, a plaid skirt, a denim shirt, and butterfly clips holding up my pigtails. (Friends in pics: Jim, James, Alex, the entire team, Dave, Nico)


Our show was great. If you've never been to an Awkward Silence improv show, they are (obvi) unscripted, unplanned, there's a lot of audience participation, and they are, bottom-line, pretty effin hilarious. I will definitely miss the team and hope I'm not too rusty when I come back in the fall.

And final note: I finished the Not For Sale Documentary documentary! I showed it to the campaign directors and they loved it; they plan to show it at speeches and workshops across the country and even include it in fundraising events. The film may eventually go on to the website, so I'll let you all know if it does. I'll be sending a copy home to Mom and Dad and keeping one for here in the city, so if you want to see it at some point, let me know.

Next post from Argentina!
I'm nervous. And excited.
Hasta pronto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, picture of us!